Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

Allowing More Crocodiles In New Zealand

New rules will allow more crocodiles in New Zealand zoos. Under the new rules, live crocodiles and eggs will be able to be imported from Asia and the Pacific.

Unfortunately we can only get crocodiles from Australia. The move coincides with Auckland Zoo building a new $50 million southeast Asian attraction which will open this year.

A wider range of crocodile species will also be allowed in New Zealand zoo. The crocodiles and eggs must come from animals hatched and raised in captivity.

So what do you think about this new rule?

3 comments:

  1. Great blog post Maddy. Its cool how they made that a new rule for the Auckland Zoo, I really want to see my Crocodiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maddy, I am in disbelief by this news. Gladly I think this is great to because hopefully seeing different species of crocodiles will impact on our students learning. I just hope our class would get the opportunity to experience the opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so to Limi, it would be a cool and exciting experience.

      Delete